I’ve been a fairly serious reader for years. My biggest interests: business and personal development, leadership, psychology, music careers, teaching and learning, and occasionally some fiction.
I enjoy consuming the content and taking it apart to fully understand it. I believe that’s provided me the success and opportunities I’ve gained throughout my life.
Many successful people will agree that reading is one of the most prominent factors in creating a better life.
Here’s a list of some of my favorite books. I’ll break them down into different categories. I’ll add to this list over time. I do receive an affiliate commission if you purchase via the links I’ve provided.
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World – Michael Hyatt
- The Big Gig: Big-Picture Thinking for Success – Zoro
- The Savvy Musician: Building a Career, Earning a Living & Making a Difference – David Cutler
- The PracticeSpot Guide to Promoting Your Teaching Studio: How to Make Your Phone Ring, Fill Your Schedule, and Build a Waiting List You Can’t Jump Over – Philip Johnston
- You’re a Musician. Now What?: How to thrive in creative and financial freedom as a musician – Janek Gwizdala
- The Studio Musician’s Handbook (Music Pro Guides) – Bobby Owsinski and Paul Ill
Entrepreneurship & Business:
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It – Michael E. Gerber
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? – Seth Godin
- The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? – Seth Godin
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us – Tribes
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated) – Timothy Ferriss
- Customers for Life: How to Turn That One-Time Buyer Into a Lifetime Customer – Carl Sewel
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity – David Allen
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles – Steven Pressfield
- Do the Work: Overcome Resistance and Get Out of Your Own Way– Steven Pressfield
- 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done – Peter Bregman
- The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything . . . Fast! – Josh Kaufman
Creativity & Motivation:
- The Nine Modern Day Muses (and a Bodyguard) Third Edition – Jill Badonsky, M.ED.
- The Artist’s Way – Julia Cameron
- The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive – Brendon Burchard
- The Art of Asking: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help – Amanda Palmer
There are of course many valuable books out there today. My goal with this list is to keep adding books that I find very beneficial to my life and career.
Which books should I add to this list?