Season 1, Episode 7: Why You Should Never Do a Free Gig [Podcast]
Plus, 5 Areas that Will Set You Apart From Other Musicians
Welcome to Season 1, Episode 7 of the Rip’s Music Podcast: Making Your Music Your Business. Today, composer/educator, Gabriel Bautista shares his thoughts on how to make your music career more lucrative and credible.
Is your desire to be a musician stronger than the resistance of others?
How does lowering your rates destroy the strength of the music industry?
What can you learn from the customer service industry about making more money in music?
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How ignoring the ‘well-meaning’ advice of others can take you further in your career.
- A few of my favorite resources for overcoming resistance.
- What areas to budget for on an irregular income and helpful tools for budgeting
- Leveraging other musical skills that will let you stand out from the crowd.
- How tweaks to your business etiquette and social profiles can land you more gigs than you know what to do with.
- And, much more…
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
What actions do you practice in being more professional as a musician? How have these affected your career?
Binge on All 12 Episodes
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all twelve audio episodes of Season 1 here. I release the video episodes every few weeks, as they are not yet available for batch listening.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.