Welcome to Season 1, Episode 6 of the Rip’s Music Podcast where we make your music your business. In today’s show we talk about giving more to your art.
Are you playing like it’s your last gig?
Do you use your gifts daily to make the world better, even if not directly related to music?
And are you giving all of yourself to others and your art?
Gospel singer, Maylee Thomas, talks about her 25 year music career, starting the Love Life Foundation, and how she and her husband built the Guitar Sanctuary to immerse themselves in their passions and make music their business.
Watch the Video:
In this interview:
- Find work to sustain your music and your life
- Always have a product
- Don’t forget the EPK (electronic press kit)
- Keep your name in front of your audience
- Offer quality – always
- Turn a personal tragedy into energy for change
- Be bigger than yourself and serve others
- Don’t be afraid
- Refuse to allow people to intimidate you
- You don’t need anyones’s permission to do something great