Today, I interview Chris Duncan, owner and director of the Frisco School of Music, Musical Arts Schoolhouse and Frisco School of Performing Arts. She started off teaching piano out of her home and has built her business into one of the largest private music schools in North Texas.
In this episode we talk about:
- Learning to build value in what you’re selling (your music, skills, expertise…)Understanding your customer’s needs
- Taking big risks
- Branding – what your name says about your message
- Using non-musical skills in your career
- Exploring hidden opportunities
- Forming systems
- Pros & Cons of teaching in-home vs. working for a studio
- Get a coach or mentor
- Learn and invest in marketing
- Following through
- And, building your team
Listen to the show and tell me what you think.
Click here to find out more about the Frisco School of Music